ah, sour monday feelings.
I was quite productive this weekend. I finished some book related content for the author website that I should be ready to launch some time within the next month or so. I created some graphics for aforementioned website, made some adjustments to the actual book. Overall, I was a good little author wannabe.
I went back through my research binder from way back in 2006, when I first started working on the novel. There was really a lot in there – website printouts, maps of Manhattan, character descriptions. There were also some hand-written scenes, one of which was written in first person. The finished novel is not in first person. I remember that I roughed out that scene in first person to get past a block I was having.
Anyway, I was amazed at how much I changed things. Some details were omitted. Some characters became completely different people. It was interesting to see how the story evolved from those beginning days of research and rough ideas.
I think I’m going to keep those files and files like that for future books. They might come in handy.