What up? I’m still sick, but am feeling better. Last night I was only woken up by one over the top coughing fit. progress! woo! I’m trying to get over this thing before I have to resort to antibiotics.
So what have I been doing? Ya know, usual stuff, probably less of it. The book trailer is cruising along. I’m dividing my time between that and tweeking the remix project.
My animated stems now have acceptable leaves. Last night I worked on the rose blossoms. I had some trouble figuring out how I wanted them to look. I didn’t want photo realistic because nothing else in the animation is. I did a couple of sketches. They were too abstract.
I ended up using a photo from a recent shoot of roses. I found the one I liked best, plugged it into PhotoShop, cropped and applied a filter that converts photo to drawing. Then I took it over to Fireworks and made a few adjustments by hand, added lines and such. This is what I ended up with at the end of the evening.
This is, of course, much larger than it will appear in the actual trailer. Also the background won’t be black. The flower looks sort of Warhol-esque, I think. When it goes into the animation, there will be various adjustments made. Not all the rose blooms will be exactly the same size, shape and color.
I will probably show what I have on the trailer again within the next week or two after I finish the blooming sequences. The video took like a freaking hour to upload to YouTube last time. I want to make sure there’s significant progress before I go to that trouble again.