In Which the Audiobook Was Set Aside

Yeah, yeah, I know. Quitters never win, and winners never quit. Technically, I didn’t really quit. I just pushed the audiobook aside for now. Far, far aside.

I was doing a final listen before I uploaded my audio short story to ACX. I was happy with about 90% of it, but that remaining 10% is a killer. It’s basically all I see.

And I have a lot that I’m working on. I plan to do NanoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this year, so I’m clearing as much as I can out of the way before November 1st.  I had to evaluate my priorities and decide which things I would finish in the next 2 weeks. That one has chewed up too much of my time as it is.

I am also very tired of reading and listening to that particular story. I like it okay, but it’s definitely not my favorite work. I wrote it a while ago, and my writing is somewhat better now. I could go back and rewrite/rerecord, but it’s not worth all that.

So, I might go back to it sometime next year. I might just start on another recording and chalk that one up as a very long training session. I did learn a lot, after all.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s